Guiding Lights

Guiding Lights
South Haven Lighthouse

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Eggs

Darryl's sister, Lani, and her husband, Tom, were visiting us last week.  They spend the summer months in Upper Michigan (Copper Harbor) and the winter months in Florida (Fort Myers) so they travel between MI and FL twice a year.  They were on their way up to upper Michigan and stopped by to see us.  They came on Thursday last week and went to church with us for Maundy Thursday service which I was involved in - I read three bible lessons during the service.  On Friday, we all went out for dinner (Darryl's two brothers and one niece also came to dinner).  After we got home after dinner, I decided to color the eggs for Easter.  Lani and Tom along with Darryl weren't thrilled about the idea - they were saying that coloring eggs was for kids.  My answer to that protest was that we were all kids at heart.  So I made them color the eggs.  Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of Tom's and Lani's eggs to show off.  I ate two eggs for breakfast yesterday and two today.  Here are the eggs I created.  I have a few more to take picutres of and eat up.

Dinosaur Egg - Eaten up on Day 1

Spring Flower Egg - Eaten up on Day 2

Modernistic Egg - Eaten up on Day 2

1 comment:

Van said...

It's been a while since I painted Easter eggs. You're right about painting eggs is not just for kids.