Guiding Lights

Guiding Lights
South Haven Lighthouse

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Korea - Day #10 (May 8, 2011) - Trip to Daegu

Sunday, May 8, is Parent's Day in Korea.  We decided to go down to Daegu to see my  mom and grandmother.  We took a train (KTX) and it only took an hour and twenty minutes to Daegu which was way faster than other trains or express buses which usually take about 4 hours.

My sister bought us tickets in advance and we were scheduled to leave the Seoul Central Train Station at 12 noon.  Emobu insisted on taking us to the train station in the morning.  We were supposed to leave the house at around 11:00 to make sure that we would arrive at the train station early enough to catch the train.  Emobu usually plays a piano on Sundays and when he was told that we were ready leave for the train station, he wanted to play the piano for five more minutes.  So we left at around 11:10 and by the time we got to the parking lot, he remembered that he had left his cell phone at home.  He had to go get his cell phone thinking that someone would call him while he was out on the way to the train station.  That delayed our trip to the train station for about 20 minutes.  Traffic on Sunday wasn't as good as he thought so we ended up arriving at the train station at 12:05.  Consequently, we missed our train.  Fortunately, we were able to cancel the tickets my sister bought and re-purchased tickets for the 12:30 p.m. train.

When we got to Daegu, my sister and my mom came to the train station to pick us up.  My mom was more excited and happier to see Darryl than her own daughter, me.  I came over to give her a hug when I saw her but she pushed me away and went straight to Darryl to give him a huge hug.  Thanks mom, I feel your love.  :-)

In the afternoon, we decided to go downtown to get some sushi for dinner.  Here are some photos from the restaurant with a revolving sushi tray track.







No comments: