Guiding Lights

Guiding Lights
South Haven Lighthouse

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trip to Korea - Day #2 - Arrival (April 30, 2011)

Our flight to Detroit from Kalamazoo was delayed a bit (there is no surprise in that) and we had just enough time to change our seats and catch our next flight to Incheon.  We were originally assigned to two seperate middles seats in the same row.  The lady at the ticket counter was kind enough to re-arrange our seats so we were able to sit together.  It was a good thing since we had to be on the plane for so long (13 hours and 17 minutes).  We met a nice man from Detroit whose son is teaching English in Seoul.  He sat next to me so we had some nice conversations throughout our flight together.  At the end of our flight - two hours before we landed, I got very sick.  I think it has to do with the pressure change, lack of ventilation, and horrible turbulance due to a storm.  It took about 5 hours for me to recoup.  My uncle, aunt, and a cousin came to the airport to pick us up in their shiny new car.  It rained hard so we were very appreciative that they came to meet us.  After we got home and I got recovered from the sickness, we went out to dinner.  Here are some photos of dinner which was called "Bossam" (steamed pork wrapped in a lettuce leaf).
Appetizer Soybean Paste Vegetable Soup

Bossam - Before

Bossam - After

Vegetable Wraps and Salads - Before

Vegetable Wraps and Salads - After

Cold Noodle Dish - After - I was focusing on eating Bossam so I forgot to take a before photo of this dish

Darryl and two of my cousins - JaeHoon (left) and JinSuk (right)

No comments: