Guiding Lights

Guiding Lights
South Haven Lighthouse

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Korea - Day #6 (May 4, 2011) - Yong San Electronics District

We had a late start today.  I spent most of the morning updating the blog and Darryl caught up on his sleep.  We haven't slept much since we got to Korea (5 hours at the most) and we had a few heavy duty days by walking for hours.  We decided to venture out to Yong San Electronics District and World Cup Stadium and its surrounding parks.

We were amazed at the shear number of items at Yong San - we figured there are items for every Korean and foreigner in the country plus 2.  You could find anything you wanted/needed and even something you didn't even know you wanted/needed.  We were a bit disappointed that we didn't find anything to buy.  Trust me - I found lots of things I wanted to buy but how was I going to bring them home?  I didn't think that some of the items I found would fit into my suitcase.  In addition, I have a lot more days to go as far as shopping's concerned.

I wasn't motivated to take any photos but Darryl was fascinated by lights and light bulbs so he took a few shots.




No comments: